PKI 2.0 Conference (21.10.2021)
Roundtable: Remote work - mobile & hybrid PKI
After the pandemic crisis, the corporate world has switched to the remote mode. Being an important service, PKI also adapts to the ongoing changes. During the roundtable “Remote work – mobile & hybrid PKI”, the experts discussed if PKI is able to address the new demands of remote life and solve the latest challenges.
- Covered topics:
- What are the benefits of Signature as a service? What common difficulties are associated with this approach?
- Signature keys on a server side — when is it acceptable and when is it not?
- Issue and delivery of certificates —what difficulties are associated with issuing and managing certificates for remote users?
- Keys on NFC card: does NFC smart card solve the task of digital signature on Android and iOS mobile devices?
- How is PKI technology changing due to the increased use of mobile devices?
- How revised eIDAS regulation is changing the European PKI?
- Long-term PKI — when Quantum computing breaks RSA
Expert Session: Automating PKI Deployments
By leveraging automation to set up PKI environments, the time for deployments can be decreased by impressive factors while limiting human errors that manual installations and setups may involve. During PrimeKey’s Expert Session “Automating PKI Deployments'' Tomas Gustavsson, CTO at Keyfactor, shared insights from a real customer in the industrial sector that leverage Ansible for their PKI deployment, and then demo working with an Ansible playbook to configure EJBCA instances in the cloud.
Expert Session: Authentication with PKI and beyond
Using modern, private-public key-based authentication methods helps to raise the level of security and make the authentication as such very user-friendly. However, as not all systems support all protocols, it’s required to have the right tool in place which combines various protocols in an easy-to-use authentication device and which helps to integrate many different services and use cases. During Yubico’s Expert Session “Authentication with PKI and beyond” Jan Quack introduced the YubiKey - the key to trust.
Expert Session: Advanced PKI Usage in the German government - Real-life use case of email encryption
During cv cryptovision GmbH’s Expert Session “Advanced PKI Usage in the German government: Real-life use case of email encryption” Adam Ross, Product and Sales Manager, and Alexander Kloes, Senior Consultant, Manager Consulting, presented a real-life use case of how advanced PKI usage in a German public ministry is used to enable encrypted email messaging that is certified for information classified up to NATO or EU-Restricted. They discussed how certificate provisioning workflows are applied, how keys and other credentials are orchestrated to a number of different form factors including things like smart cards, virtual tokens, and even remote cryptographic service providers.
Roundtable: Everyday PKI - expanding capabilities and business value
Some parts of PKI are fundamental and have remained unchanged for decades, and some are actively evolving, no matter the circumstances. They are united by one fact - they all carry certain remarkable business values. During our roundtable “Everyday PKI - expanding capabilities and business value” the experts discussed what advantages and how can be created for the companies through the PKI implementation.
- Covered topics:
- Post-Quantum-Challenges for PKI
- What data and when should be encrypted with the help of PKI?
- IIoT and SSL. Issuing and updating certificates for a big amount of devices is a big problem. How can it be solved?
- What increased value can be created from using FIDO in addition to PKI?
- How to increase the PKI cost-effectiveness?
- What are the risks of poor PKI execution?
- PKI Processes - the hidden master of PKI trust